Digital Graphic Designer
The graphic designer takes the lead of the company’s entire marketing graphic design and production. This includes the production of food packaging visuals along with website and social media visuals. He or she is also in charge of corporate promotional events and liaises with our external marketing and advertising agencies.
HIS OR HER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING:
- Designing cardboard packaging, plastic bags and product labels. Following up with printers and granting the necessary approvals.
- The successful applicant will be aware of global trends in packaging materials and design and will suggest innovative ideas to management.
- Creating, adapting and preparing files for print for various sales support material (product sales sheets, pamphlets, PowerPoint decks, etc.)
- Developing different types of POP advertising material (including visuals) (fixtures).
- Liaising with the Quality Control Lead to ensure compliance with rules for packaging and documentation.
- Designing various visuals for print or Web advertising.
- Conducting research on digital trends and keeping abreast of changes affecting e-commerce with regard to digital design in order to ensure the ongoing improvement of customer experience and the website newsletter conversion rate.
- Developing and deploying the digital strategy, including the website, SEM and SEO, social media, email campaigns.
- Analyzing online user experience data and SEO and Google Analytics KPIs, and making recommendations.
- Overseeing brand management and brand integrity.
- Recommending and developing various advertising and promotional programs.
- Taking part in developing strategic sponsorship programs that support sales.
- Taking part in event and trade show organizing.
- Respecting, proposing and designing promotional microsites and digital catalogues.
- Taking the lead in making propositions and suggesting new marketing ideas for the company.
- Mandatory – College or university degree in graphic design, multimedia integration or marketing
- Mandatory – Experience in packaging design and sales material
- Mandatory – Good understanding of e-commerce operations
- Mandatory – Perfectly bilingual, excellent writing skills in English and in French
- Mandatory – Proficiency in web production
- Mandatory – Excellent understanding of responsive design
- Mandatory – Fluency in the CC suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, Lightroom), and Office
- Mandatory – Experience in print production
- Mandatory – Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- Asset – Experience in the food manufacturing industry or an advertising/marketing agency
- Rigour and attention to detail.
- Autonomy, excellent organizing and priority management skills, meticulousness, ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Flexibility and excellent adaptability
- Vibrant personality, energetic; good interpersonal skills.