Interested in joining a private Canadian family business? Today, Levitts Foods is one of the largest smoked deli meat processors in Canada and is rapidly developing new customer segments and innovative product lines. We work with the latest technologies and offer a dynamic and stimulating environment with many advancement opportunities. We are looking for committed people to join our team!
Reporting to the Comptroller, the Accounting Technician is responsible for providing support to the Comptroller in the production and analysis of Levitts’ financial results, as well as Maillard Group’s.
- Creation of daily general journal entry and accounting for the end of the month;
- Monitoring of accounts receivable and collection;
- Monitoring of deductions and charges from retailers and disputes thereof if necessary;
- Payroll supervision which is done by the human resources manager;
- Update and monitor standard product costs;
- Prepare the various job analyzes of the income statements and balance sheet at the end of the month;
- Daily preparation of bank reconciliation and registration of bank deposits;
- Account for inventories and end-of-month WIP report, with the support of the operations analyst;
- Perform inter-company invoicing;
- Preparation of GST/QST returns;
- Monitoring of government remittances (alimony, payroll deduction, CNESST, etc.);
- Participate in the preparation of year-end verification file;
- Preparation of financial reports for budget monitoring;
- Preparation of production performance reports;
- Collaborate with the different sectors (production, sales, R&D, etc.);
- Participate in various special projects.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- College diploma in accounting;
- Three (3) years of related experience;
- Mastery of the accounting cycle;
- Have experience in accounting for a food processing/manufacturing company, an asset;
- Excellent skills in French and functional English;
- Strong knowledge of Excel and good knowledge of Quickbooks, Nethris, Fidelio;
- Autonomous, reliable person and respects confidentiality;
- Ability to set and manage priorities accordingly;
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Competitive salary
- Life insurance
- Complementary health care
- Vision care
- 3 weeks of vacation and paid leave (paid anniversary day)
- VRSP with FTQ and Profit Sharing Plan (DPSP)
- Wellness programs
Job type: full-time, permanent, 40h/week
One (1) full-time position (Monday to Friday) available: plant of Ville LaSalle
Periodical remote work possible
• Disinfection procedures, masks, social distancing, etc.